In Minecraft, players get to enjoy plenty of different servers, comprising of both official and community servers. All players have the option of creating their own server using a subscription. As long as he is subscribed, he can create, manage, and mod his server in whatever way he’d like.
Sponge vs Spigot in Minecraft
Sponge and Spigot are two of the most popular programs used in Minecraft in order to edit or mod their servers. Both of them offer a series of advantages to the users. Because of this, we can see a number of players make a comparison between Sponge vs Spigot in Minecraft.
Using this article, we will be taking a look at all the benefits that both these programs offer, as well as which one of them should be better in your case. So, without wasting any time further, let’s get started!
Sponge is an open-source modding platform for Minecraft: Java Edition. It was designed in order to give players a development framework. Through Sponge, players can add different plugins to the game in order to improve certain aspects of the functionality of the game.
Following are some of the aspects that you need to know if you choose Sponge:
- Newer API when compared to Spigot. It also gets frequently updated in order to match the latest versions of the game.
- Completely compatible with Forge, which helps you be able to run both mods and plugins.
- A smaller plugin-based, which should be enough for most players.
Spigot is another open-source project designed using Java that allows players to be able to run their own servers and add in different plugins to improve all the different aspects of their server. Currently, there are more than 100,000 Spigot servers as players seem to love using it.
All the servers in Spigot are made in particular to be stable and diverse. Mentioned below are some of the things that you need to know about Spigot against Sponge:
- A much larger established plugin-base when compared with Sponge.
- An older API has started showing its age.
- There are some legal concerns regarding using it as plenty of players have been warned to not use it.
As it is clear how both have their own use, there are also things that both of them seem to do quite well. These are:
- Getting prompt updates regularly.
- Frequent performance improvements are better than the regular game.
The Bottom Line
Comparing Sponge vs Spigot, here are some of the most important things that you need to know about both of them. As of now, it seems that many people might shift to Sponge as it seems to be improving and is a much newer API. However, plenty of players still prefer Spigot as it seems to be the fit for now.