Turtle Beach is a US-based company, that manufactures different gaming accessories. These accessories include headsets, consoles, and other controllers. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset is also one of their gaming product. The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 is one of the best headsets as per the reports. However, some users face problems while using this headset. Therefore, some of the most common Turtle Beach Stealth 700 problems are given below with a step-by-step guideline to troubleshoot all the problems.
Troubleshooting The Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Problems
1. Headset Not Responding
Most of the Turtle Beach Stealth users faced the issue that their headset is not responding during the stream and the red light is blinking on the headset continuously. The reason behind this issue is some bug in the headset software. Thus you can fix this problem by simply resetting your headset. In order to reset your headset, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Start with holding down the Mode and Bluetooth button for around 20 seconds.
- Keep in mind that this process will take some time. Ensure that you don’t release the buttons too quickly.
- Once your headset turns off, try turning it back on.
- Finally, re-pair your headset.
If you did not know how to Re-pair the headset, then you have to follow a few more steps:
- Firstly, ensure that you turn on both your console and headset.
- You should notice the LED start lighting up.
- Press down the enroll button which should make your Xbox console light up and start blinking.
- Hold down the connect button on your headset until you see the headset’s LED start flashing.
- Within a few seconds, both the lights will turn solid which tells you that the pairing process is complete.
2. Auto Shut Down Issue
Some of the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 users complained that their headsets would automatically shut down during the game stream. The reason behind this issue is that the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 has an auto shut down feature which has been designed by the manufacturers.
The headset always has a running “timer” in it which is listening for (a) audio from your game console or (b) input from the headset’s microphone. If you have turned off the sound or the mic during a game, then the headset will enter its auto shut-off mode. However, if you want to avoid this issue then, you always have to play some music or game soundtrack so the software will always detect some audio through the headset. By doing this, the headset will always detect some audio and it will not power off.
3. Mic Issue
On the other hand, the user of the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset mentioned that they are facing a mic issue in the headset. This issue is due to the incorrect pairing of the headset with the console. Thus, to fix this issue you have to follow a few steps.
- Press the Xbox/Home button on the Xbox One controller.
- Go to Settings >> All Settings >> Kinect & Devices >> Devices & Accessories.
- You will see the controller you are currently using; you should be able to scroll to the right to see other devices being used with the Console. The headset will appear in this list as “Headset”.
- As an additional test, speak into the mic. If the headset is paired, you should be able to hear your voice through the headset. Can you hear yourself through the headset when you speak into the mic?
On the other hand, if you still face the same issue then the hardware is defective.
These are some of the problems that can show up in your Turtle Beach Stealth 700 headset. However, by reading this article you will be able to identify the reasons behind the problems that popped up in your headset. As a result of it, troubleshooting those problems will not be a big task.
Moreover, if you want that your headset runs without any trouble then you have to update all the software of the headset to the latest version. Always keep the battery fully charged to avoid any sudden shutdown issue. In case, if you run into a problem that cannot be fixed by you then claim the warranty of your headset and the company will fix it for free.