Having a headset with a faulty mic can be pretty annoying, especially if you are an online gamer. Over the past couple of months, we seem to have been receiving various complaints from users regarding their Razer Seiren X microphone not working.
What’s even worse is how these users have no idea what they are supposed to do in order to resolve the problem. To help such users get a better idea about troubleshooting such problems, we will be listing some of the most common solutions that you can possibly try. So, let’s get right into it!
How to Fix Razer Seiren X Microphone Not Working?
1. Checking the Input Device
To start with, we recommend that you check your currently active input device. It could be that you have the wrong device set as the input device which is why your computer isn’t detecting your headset’s mic.
To fix this, follow these steps:
- First, go to your Sound properties using the Windows Search feature.
- You will have to choose the “Recording” option. Ensure that you have the correct Razer device selected as the input device. If not, right-click on the device and set it as default.
- At the same time, you have to make sure that you disable all the other available microphone devices.
- Ensure that you click “Apply” to save these changes.
- Once you have that done, right-click on your mic and go to its properties.
- Under the Advanced tab, make sure that you have the lowest format value selected.
As soon as all these changes are made, restart your PC and try reconnecting the headset.
2. Checking the Port
Another thing that we recommend you do is to try and plug any other microphone into your PC. If it is still unable to work, there is a good chance that you are dealing with a faulty device. If that is the case, then we’re afraid you will need to try another port.
3. Checking the Software
Oftentimes, utility software can also cause certain issues to surface for your peripherals. To prevent this from happening, you must disable all Razer related software from your PC for a brief time.
4. Faulty Device
If nothing seems to be working in your case, then you are probably dealing with a faulty microphone. At this point, there’s really nothing that can be done to get it fixed. In fact, the only thing that you can do is to get your whole unit replaced.
The Bottom Line:
Having your Razer Seiren X microphone not working at all can be very concerning. Though before you decide to just throw away your headset, we highly recommend that you first try following all the instructions that have been listed above in the article.