As soon as you launch an online game, you are bound to see a global chat pop up on the side of your screen once the menu is loaded. Players throughout the world participate in this chat to talk about all kinds of stuff. But in a game like Fortnite, global chat can be quite annoying, especially when you have no use for it. With that said, we have had a lot of users ask how they can turn off their global chat in Fortnite. If you are also someone who is wondering the same thing, then here is what you should know:
How To Turn Off Global Chat In Fortnite?
Luckily, there is a very easy way of turning off the global chat in Fortnite, which includes following these steps:
- Start by accessing the game’s settings.
- Make your way to the second tab that should have an icon similar to a gear.
- Navigate to the bottom part of this tab.
- There should be an option labeled as “Turn off global chat.” Ensure that you have selected this option.
- Don’t forget to apply/save changes to the game.
As soon as you apply these changes, you will see the chat box suddenly disappear. Now, you won’t have to deal with global chat as long as you don’t turn it on.
What If You Can’t Turn It Back On?
Often times, EPIC may disable the option of global chat on their own for all the players around the world. Though the reason may be unclear, they typically do this whenever there’s a major update on its way.
So, if you are unable to access the global chat for some reason, there’s a good chance that EPIC may have temporarily disabled it. As a result, there shouldn’t be anything that you have to worry about.
Disabling Voice Chat
Apart from the game’s global chat, you may find the voice chat to be quite annoying as well, especially if you have set it to open. This way, you will be hearing any player’s mic whenever you are in a party or in a game.
Though you can disable these settings as well by simply following these steps:
- Once inside the game, select on the Menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Under the audio icon, there should be a whole section for voice chat.
- Here, you should be able to make changes to your voice chat according to however you want.
The Bottom Line:
Do you wish to turn off global chat in Fortnite but can’t seem to find your way through it? If you are one of these users, then you should find this article quite helpful. We have mentioned a step-by-step guide on how you can effectively get rid of these errors. So, make sure that you follow these instructions carefully.