Have you tried to transfer your save data from one Watch Dogs Legion platform to another, but found that the process isn’t working? You’re not alone, as lots of players have reported this issue on different platforms over the past week or so – and Ubisoft has finally acknowledged it and provided a potential fix. Here’s how to check if the fix has worked, and how to proceed if it hasn’t. (Further updates will follow as they become available.)
Watch Dogs Legion Save Transfer Not Working Fix:
- Installing On Another Computer
If you’re having trouble transferring save files, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that both computers have the latest patch installed. If that doesn’t work, try copying the save file directly from one computer to the other. You can also try using a USB drive to transfer the file. If none of these methods work, you may need to start a new game.
- Move The Game To Another Location
Sometimes, the Watch Dogs Legion save transfer issue can be caused by the game being installed in a location that doesn’t have enough space. Try moving the game to another location, such as your Desktop, and see if that fixes the problem. If it does, you can then move it back to where you had it installed before. If not, you may need to delete some of the data from the original install location for things to work properly again.
- Restarting Uplay With Administrator
Sometimes, Uplay can get stuck in a bad state- especially when it comes to saving and transferring data. If you’re having trouble getting your Watch Dogs Legion save to transfer, try restarting Uplay with administrator privileges. Here’s how
- Close all instances of Uplay
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc on Windows or Cmd+Shift+Esc on Mac to open Task Manager
- Click File and select Run new task
- Type %windir%\System32\UPlayPC\uplay.exe as the name of the program and click OK 5) After clicking OK, another window will pop up asking for permission to run Uplay as an Administrator; select Yes
- Allow the download process to complete. You should now be able to find your game saves from before exiting out of Uplay after updating
- Reinstalling Uplay
Sometimes, the best way to fix a problem is to start from scratch. If you’re having trouble transferring you save the file in Watch Dogs Legion, try uninstalling and reinstalling Uplay. This will delete any corrupted files that might be causing the issue and give you a fresh start.
- Deleting Local Content And Trying Again.
If you’re having trouble transferring your save file, then make sure you’re starting the game via Uplay instead of Steam. To do this, go to your Steam library, right-click on Watch Dogs Legion, and select Properties. Under the General tab, click the Set launch options button and type in uplay_launch (without the quotes). Hit OK, then close out of the properties window. Now try launching the game again from Steam- it should open up Uplay and start loading your save file.