Rainbow Six Siege has been out on PC, PS4, and Xbox One since December 2015 and it’s still receiving patches and updates from Ubisoft to enhance the gameplay experience. However, with any PC game, there are bound to be problems like Rainbow Six Siege crashing on the splash screen or not working properly. Here’s how to fix it!
Fixing Rainbow Six Siege Crash On Splash Screen:
- Update Your Video Card Drivers
Out-of-date video card drivers are often the cause of Rainbow Six Siege crashes. If you’re experiencing crashes on the splash screen, the first thing you should do is update your drivers. You can do this manually by going to your video card manufacturer’s website and downloading the latest drivers, or you can use a driver update tool like Driver Easy to automatically download and install them for you.
- Update Your Sound Card Drivers
If you’re experiencing Rainbow Six Siege crashing on the splash screen, it could be due to outdated sound card drivers. To fix this, simply update your sound card drivers by following these steps
- Download and install any updates for your current driver from the manufacturer’s website.
- Restart your computer.
- Uninstall the old driver.
- Install the new one.
- Reboot your PC again.
- Use Another Computer
If you’re experiencing crashes on the splash screen, it’s likely due to a problem with your computer. One way to troubleshoot this is to try running the game on another computer. If the game runs without crashing on the other computer, then you know that the issue is with your original computer. There are a few things you can try to fix the issue on your original computer.
- Disable All Antivirus Software
Many times, Rainbow Six Siege will crash on the splash screen because of antivirus software. To fix this, you need to disable your antivirus software (temporarily). Here’s how:
- Right-click on the antivirus software icon in your system tray and select Disable.
- Select how long you want to disable the software and then click OK.
- Try launching Rainbow Six Siege again.
- Turn Off Any Background Applications Or Programs You Don’t Need
Before you start troubleshooting the crash, take a look at your computer and see if any programs are running in the background that you don’t need. These programs can cause conflicts and slow down your computer, which may be causing Rainbow Six Siege to crash. To turn off these programs, go to your computer’s task manager and end any processes that you don’t need.
- Configure Your Graphics Settings Through The Game Menu
If you’re experiencing crashes on the Rainbow Six Siege splash screen, it’s likely due to an issue with your graphics settings. You can configure your graphics settings through the game menu by following these steps
- Open the in-game menu (ESC) and go to Settings -> Graphics;
- Select Advanced and then choose Custom;
- Set the quality level at Medium or Low;
- Return to the game and press F9 or ALT+F2 while in-game for a complete system check.