When it comes to Ark: Survival Evolved, one of the most prevalent complaints heard from PC gamers is that the in-game keyboard does not function correctly. This is one of the game’s most notable flaws. If you know where to search or what actions to take, this is a simple problem to solve, and it shouldn’t be too difficult to troubleshoot. Continue reading in order to learn how to diagnose the cause of your Ark keyboard’s malfunction and how to solve this issue in a timely and effective manner.
Fixing Lost ARK Keyboard Not Working:
- Checking Keyboard in Device Manager
If your ark is having trouble communicating with your external wireless or wired keyboard, one solution is that the PC itself may be turning off the keyboard. If you find that this is the case, take a look at your input settings on the PC and see if there is a button labeled Wireless Controller or Bluetooth Device near an icon of a controller in Device Managers. You can click this button and then reconnect your device again by tapping on the switch in its input selection.
- Unplugging and Plugging Back In
First, make sure you’re plugged into the right USB port. If you are, and your game is still experiencing errors with no connection after a couple of minutes, turn the game off and unplug your keyboard from the power source. Wait a minute or two, plug back in and try again. If the keyboard is still behaving erratically when you try to play, this could be caused by interference from other devices near your computer such as laptops or printers. Keep them away and then try again.
- Look at Your Control Bindings
If you find that your Ark controls aren’t being recognised by the game, and you can see in your control bindings that nothing is set as global, then what could be wrong is that there is a specific program running which has taken control of the controller. There are various things which may do this, such as Discord or OBS recording software. The best way to solve this issue for now is to close all programs except for Ark, and restart your computer.
- Use A Different USB Port.
If at all feasible, you should plug your ark directly into a separate USB port. It’s possible that the problem lies not with the device itself but with the port instead.
- Create A New Windows User Account and Launch the Game from There.
- In the search box, type: Control Panel. You can also use the Windows key and p on your keyboard for this.
- Click on Control Panel from the list of results.
- On the left-hand side of the window, find User Accounts and Family Safety > Manage another account > Create a new account (it will automatically be set as an administrator account).
- Follow the prompts to create a new user account with whichever name you prefer.
- Log out of your current user account by clicking on your username in the top right corner and choosing Sign Out.
- Once you’ve logged out, log back in with the newly created user account instead of the old one that had lost its ark keyboard not working problem; now launch Ark: Survival Evolved and see if things work better now!