Battlefield 2042 might be a bit bugged at the moment, but the new game modes and improved weapon variety have attracted a ton of players to this game. You won’t have to wait for a long period until these minor bugs are fixed, and thousands of new players join the game every day to fill up the match queues.
However, with the increase of players in this game, users have asked about how to change teams in the middle of a match. If you’re also unable to change teams in Battlefield 2042, then go through the following information.
How To Change Teams In Battlefield 2042?
While squad balancing is one of the most crucial features of the game, there are no direct methods of changing teams in Battlefield 2042. You can’t access the game menu to change the teams directly, and the only option you have is to reconnect to the server. There won’t be any guarantee that you will be on a different team after you join the server again, but it is your only shot at changing teams in Battlefield 2042. So, try following these steps.
- Open up the match menu and proceed to leave the server. This will reset all your scores, and you won’t be able to retain any stats after confirming to leave the current server.
- After you’ve been disconnected from the match, navigate to the server browse tab in the multiplayer options and then browse through the list of the available servers.
- Find and select the server that you just left by using the filters or searching the name through the server browser.
- Make sure that the server is not filled, and then proceed to join the match by clicking the X button on your controller or choosing the join button option on the right of your screen.
- Lastly, you will just need to repeat the whole process multiple times until you’re in the desired team. Ideally, it won’t take more than 3 or 4 tries to switch teams, but if you’re not lucky after the fifth try, then it is a better idea to try out a different server or wait until the end of the match.
The squad switching feature was pretty convenient when you look at the previous Battlefield titles, but the developers tried to make the game more balanced by removing these features. However, this gave birth to issues like players getting stuck with a non-cooperative squad that will just drag down the whole team. So, instead of adding to the balance in both teams, this feature removal had a negative impact on the current state of the game.
Rejoining servers every time you wish to change teams in Battlefield 2042 is not a smart option. You should instead focus on working with what you have and try to make the best out of your squad. There is no guarantee that you’ll be able to join the winning team even after rejoining the server multiple times. So, try to enjoy the team you’re placed in and request the developers for the squad swapping features.