When the game freezes or there are problems with the display, God Eater 2: Rage Burst may be a lot of fun to play, but it can also be quite frustrating.
This tutorial will walk you through troubleshooting and fixing difficulties with the black screen in God Eater 2 Rage Burst so that you may get back to enjoying the game as soon as possible without having to reinstall everything or start from scratch.
God Eater 2 Rage Burst Black Screen Fix:
- The First Thing You Should Know
A black screen is an issue that can be caused by a number of things. It might seem overwhelming, but it’s not impossible to resolve.
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can take in order for you to get back into the game and continue enjoying it.
- First, try turning off your PC completely for about ten seconds and then turn it back on. If this does not work restart your system entirely.
- When booting up again if the black screen still persists, go to retry or load the previous save. In other words, load the most recent save before you experienced the problem with this issue.
- Try Opening The Game In Safe Mode
If you are experiencing a black screen after starting the game, try opening it in safe mode. To do this:
- Press the Windows key + R and type appdata into the run window.
- Find the folder for God Eater 2 and open it up.
- Find the file named post-config.ini and open it with notepad or another text editor
- Replace all of the text in this file with this text debug = 0
- Save the file
- Go back to your desktop and right-click on god eater 2 rage burst
- Select Create shortcut
- Rename the new shortcut to god eater 2 rage burst (safe)
- Drag the shortcut over to your desktop
- Run god eater 2 rage burst (safe) from here
- When the game opens, press F5 to start
- Continue playing as normal
- You should see an increase in performance
- The black screen should be gone
- Update Your Device Drivers
Certain device drivers that you have on your PC can also be a culprit for the black screen. Luckily, there are a few ways to fix this issue and it’s pretty easy to do.
The first thing you want to do is update all of your drivers, especially the ones relating to graphics cards and other hardware devices in order to ensure they are up-to-date.
You can either use Windows Update or Device Manager (depending on your operating system) and make sure all of your drivers are updated.
- Update GPU Drivers
Before you think about reinstalling the game, you’ll want to make sure that your video card drivers are up-to-date.
You can do this by going into Control Panel -> System and Security -> System, then selecting Device Manager. The Device Manager will show you a list of all of the devices in your system.
Select Display adapters and right-click on the one associated with your graphics card. From there you should be able to update or roll back the driver.