While FPS doesn’t affect your gameplay much in Rainbow Six Siege, it can have an impact on performance and your ping/latency to the server. Reducing the FPS can have positive results on both of these fronts, but you won’t want to lower it too much because then you’ll lose the advantages that come with increased FPS (namely smoother movement and better response times). In this guide, we’ll teach you how to limit FPS without sacrificing too much performance.
How To Limit FPS in Rainbow Six Siege
There are several different ways of limiting FPS in rainbow six siege we’ll go over each step below.
Players can limit FPS using Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on the Start menu in the lower left-hand corner of your screen.
- Type the control panel into the search bar and select the Control Panel option that appears.
- Find the Display section and click on it.
- Select Adjust desktop size and position.
- Click on the Performance tab.
- Find the Maximum pre-rendered frames option and select 1 from the drop-down menu.
- Click Apply at the bottom of the window, then close the NVIDIA Control Panel.
Another way of limiting FPS is by clicking on the gear icon in the upper-right corner of the main menu. Under ‘Video,’ find the ‘Frame Rate Limit’ option and set it to whatever you want your maximum FPS to be. I would recommend keeping it at around 120-144 so that you don’t put too much strain on your system. If you have a monitor with a high refresh rate, you can go even higher if you want. Just remember that this will use more of your GPU’s power and may cause your system to run hotter. Save your changes and exit out of the settings menu. Now when you launch Rainbow Six Siege, it should be limited to the FPS that you set!
To limit the FPS in Rainbow Six Siege, players will need to go into their Steam Library, right-click on Rainbow Six Siege, select Properties, and then click on Set Launch Options. From there, type -fps cap 60 or 144 (without quotations) and click OK. This will launch the game with a framerate cap of 60 or 144 frames per second. Players can also change this number to whatever they want, depending on their needs. If you’re having trouble with stuttering or other performance issues, capping your framerate can help. Just be aware that it can also make the game feel a bit more sluggish.
Another way of limiting FPS:
- Launch Rainbow Six Siege and click on the Settings icon.
- Select the Display tab.
- Under the General section, find the Framerate Limit option and set it to whatever you want!
- Save your changes and exit the settings menu.
- That’s it! Just launch your game and enjoy it at a comfortable framerate.
- If you ever want to change the limit again, just follow these steps and adjust the setting to whatever you like.
- Have fun!
Many people have problems with their PCs when it comes to Rainbow Six Siege. One of the main issues is the framerate. If you’re experiencing this issue, limiting your framerate can help.