GreedFall, the new RPG game from developer and publisher Frogware, has been out on the market for several weeks now, and as with any new game, it still has its fair share of bugs and glitches that need to be worked out before gamers everywhere can enjoy it to its fullest potential.
While many players have reported that they are enjoying GreedFall without issue, others have complained about issues with save files not working properly and thus losing progress in their games.
Fixing GreedFall Your Game Could Not Be Saved:
- Run The Game As Administrator
If you’re having trouble saving your game, the first thing you should try is running the game as an administrator. This will give the game the permissions it needs to save properly. To do this, right-click on the game’s executable and select Run as Administrator.
You can also use Windows key + R to bring up a run dialog box, type in cmd (without quotes), then hit enter. In that new window type cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GreedFall (again without quotes) then hit enter again. Then type sh start_gf (again without quotes) and press enters one last time.
- Restart The Client
If you’re playing GreedFall and your game won’t save, the first thing you should try is restarting the client. This will often fix minor glitches that can cause problems with saving. If that doesn’t work, try these other tips.
- Check For Updates
The first thing you should do when troubleshooting GreedFall is check for updates. If there’s a new patch or update available, it could fix the issue you’re having. To check for updates, open the game’s launcher and click the Check for Updates button.
- Make An Exception In Firewall
One potential reason why your game isn’t saving could be because of a firewall issue. To fix this, you’ll need to make an exception for the GreedFall executable in your firewall settings. Here’s how:
- Open your Start menu and search for Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click the Change settings button.
- Scroll down until you see GreedFall at the bottom of the list, then click the right arrow to move it up one level so that it is at the top of the list.
- Click on Customize and select Block incoming connections except those I allow from this computer at Home/Work (the default).
- Check that Outbound connections are set to Block outgoing connections except those I allow from this computer at Home/Work (the default).
- Now go back to Allowed apps and features, scroll down to GreedFall again, and click the left arrow to move it back down one level so that it is below Connections at Home/Work.
- Click OK twice and restart your computer. If after following these steps your game still won’t save, please submit a ticket with our Customer Support team by clicking here.
- Turn Off Antivirus
One potential reason why your game isn’t saving could be because your antivirus software is interfering with the process. Try turning off your antivirus and see if that helps. If it does, you can add an exception for GreedFall in your antivirus settings, just like in firewall.